Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Been a while.

I've been playing a lot of City of Heroes, as part of the C.E.C.I.L. superteam. It's a bunch of Straight Dope Message Board folks (and one or two others), and we have a fairly active forum and picture site. It's strange -- I feel like I'm finally becoming an active Internet denizen, after years of helping to make it happen in the background.

I'm starting to think about making a public blog -- that is, one linked to my name rather than my alias. I'd have to treat it a bit differently, since my work places some restrictions on what I can say. Gee, that sounds bad. It's not that my employer limits me -- rather, it's that I feel a sense of professional responsibility for what I say, if that makes sense. I am aware of my responsibility as an employee of the company (and a manager, and a stockholder) to separate my personal life from my professional life.

Things would probably be easier if I was a consultant. And I might make more money. But then I'd have to find work and bill people, and I hate doing both of those things. So I think I'll stay where I am.

More later...


No comments: